Make your next move your last
Be our next Financial Planner in Cheltenham!
Financial Adviser Cheltenham – Role Profile
Hartsfield is seeking to recruit an experienced and highly qualified independent Financial Planner/Financial Advisor to fill a new and exciting salaried Financial Planner job role, within our Cheltenham team.
The candidate should be an experienced Financial Planner/IFA/Financial Advisor used to dealing with a range of HNW, UHNW and corporate clients. We seek a candidate who is Chartered or close to achieving Chartered status. The candidate must possess strong technical knowledge, including tax, investments and pensions, as well as being able to demonstrate consistent success against fee and client servicing targets.
This role will be supported by our team of experienced and motivated Paraplanners, Relationship Managers and Administrators, giving the Financial Planner the maximum amount of time to do what they do best.
All leads are provided and initial ‘right fit’ calls completed by an experienced business development team.
Relevant skills and knowledge
- The requisite technical knowledge and qualifications (Minimum Diploma Level 4)
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the firm’s compliance and T&C procedures including record keeping requirements
- Provision of advice to clients in a compliant manner as detailed in the firm’s compliance manual (Standardised Advice Process) and procedures
- Broad level of product technical knowledge across protection, pension and investment markets
- To be able to provide technical detail to clients in a way they understand, whilst embracing the firms’ ethical and TCF approach to the provision of regulated advice
- Good analytical skills with a high attention to detail and a drive for quality
- Comply with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and the relevant FCA rules at all times, such as the Senior Managers & Certification Regime Tier 1 conduct rules
- Comply with the relevant compliance, TCF, T&C (Certification Function) and AML/Financial Crime (including Cyber-Crime and Bribery in Business) Data Security (in line with GDPR) procedures of the firm at all times
- Keep up to date with all relevant product, legislative and technical changes
- To be able to conduct client fact-find and presentation meetings, both face-to-face and by telephone, in a confident and professional manner
- To work within our Cheltenham office and look to grow our existing client bank within Cheltenham and the surrounding areas
- Support our corporate responsibility efforts and assist with events for promoting our charitable trust
- Prospect and contact potential clients in accordance with the firm’s business plan and supervisor’s guidance, operating within the firms’ T&C metrics
- Generate and contribute towards the firms’ income through fee-based work
- Ensure sufficient client information obtained and analyse information gathered
- Undertake sufficient product and market research, or oversee this aspect where delegated
- Ensure suitable recommendations are made
- Ensure all supporting documentation is maintained
- Ensure a current statement of professional standing (SPS) is held at all times
- Attain and maintain level of competence as required by the firm
- Maintain all standards of performance as required by the firm
- Ensure relevant CPD is maintained and recorded accurately
- Ensure Hartsfield Financial Services is represented in a professional manner, ensuring best client outcomes are achieved together with good customer experiences
- To adopt the firms’ ethical culture when dealing with customers and colleagues in everything that you do
Financial Planner Role Benefits
£40,000-£80,000, depending on qualifications, experience and existing client book.
A bonus is payable quarterly, based on outperformance against your quarterly initial fee income target.
5% matched pension contributions.
33 days holiday (including bank holiday), increasing by 1 day per year, for every completed year of service (up to a maximum of 5 days).
Death in service
6 times death in service life cover.
We recognise the importance of helping our Colleagues balance their work and home lives by offering flexible working arrangements that enable them to balance their work commitments with other priorities.
Full study support with professional qualifications. Including all study materials provided by the company alongside paid study leave. We also make an exam mentor available to provide technical support and exam tips.
Be our next Financial Planner in Cheltenham!
If you are looking for a Financial Planner job in Cheltenham and think you would be a good fit for the Hartsfield team, we would love to speak to you!
Please complete the contact form and submit a copy of your CV and a covering letter; we look forward to hearing from you.
Get in touch
Ready to take the next step towards your financial goals? Call or email your local office to book a free financial consultation. Better still, pop in and see us. And if you’re short on time, just leave us a message here and we’ll call you.